You’ve decided you want a great voice for a critical project. Now you think, “Should I hire professional voice talent?” Aunt Susie probably isn’t appropriate, and your best buddy has a pleasant voice but has as much personality as that gray chair in the corner. So, you do some research online and discover there are multiple places for you to find outstanding voice over talent. Good thing you decided not to use “just anybody” for such a critical mission.
Maybe your budget is getting stretched, but here’s the thing: Spending the fair compensation an experienced VO talent commands will ultimately repay you in droves. A professional voice over talent will “elevate” your project to the level it deserves—a level of success.
A Wise Investment in Voice Over
You know what “they” say: You get what you pay for, and choosing a friend or relative or someone on a website thousands of miles away who says they’ll voice for $20 is just not up to your
standard. Is it? You’ve put so much time, effort, and energy into this project that you know you can’t throw caution to the wind and use just anyone.
The voice that will work magic for your product has rhythm and appropriate pace. It emphasizes the right words, leaves a pause for a quick and subtle breath, and injects emotion into the read without overdoing it—it’s a “real person read, that’s not “announcery.” It enunciates, pronounces, and delivers exactly that “right sound” that your project can’t live without. This voice has “style.” This voice talent is versatile, lends authenticity to your brand, and sustains credibility that doesn’t come with text-to-voice or no voice.
Why Hire a Professional Voice Talent
Consider these other key reasons to hire a professional voice talent
1) This isn’t just a “one and done” thing: As a professional voice talent, we read copy a lot—
all kinds of copy, for which all kinds of directors give us all kinds of directions. Don’t follow those, and the talent is out of an audition. Chances are, as talent, we’ve (almost) seen and read it all. But we can’t wait for the challenge of YOUR script because it’s unique in the world of scripts.
2) We’re efficient, and time is money: If you choose someone without experience, you could be waiting for “the right take” a long time. We’ll not only give you a take you want to use, but we can also give you a few of them, and you can choose. Spare yourself the agony of rolling your eyes over a talent who doesn’t come close to reading your copy the way you envision it. Hire a pro.
3) We’ve got all the technical toys: To be successful when dealing with top agencies, casting directors, and other clients, we’ve got to know our stuff—and sound like it. So you can bet we’ve sought out the best technical advisors like George the Tech or Uncle Roy Yokelson to guide us through microphones and placement, interface, soundproofing, software such as Adobe Audition or Twisted Wave, and more. In today’s competitive world of commerce and voice over, we know we can leave nothing to chance in our professional home studios. We love the latest, greatest in technology, those products that help us sound just like you want us to.
Sure, we read your copy, but the final recording we deliver will be as flawless as possible. We know you can’t afford mistakes of any kind, and we’re there to ensure they’re nowhere to be found in the files we send you.
4) We’re all about customer service: Yours. Maybe you need a script written. We’re here for you. Or maybe you just need it tweaked. No worries. You want this when? OK. You’ll have it. Would you like to record with SourceConnect? No problem. You have priorities, and yours are ours. This is our job, and we’re not just doing it “part-time” or for fun.
Oh, and if you need a few pick-ups—maybe the pronunciation isn’t just right, or you changed your mind about the wording of a sentence, no problem, no worries. After all, we’re here to ensure this recording is exactly how you want it.
5) We’ll help you build your brand: A professional leaves lots of space for creative expression with your copy. After all, we’re not just voice over talent. We are voice over actors, interpreting the words of your script with as much conviction as an Oscar- or Tony-winning actor. Whether it’s a voice for your video, a radio commercial, social media blast, having that “human” element in your presentation establishes a valuable connection with the listener or viewer. And it helps inspire loyalty to your brand.
If you’re unsure where to look for voice talent, I won’t be shy about saying, “I’m available.” Let’s do this.